- One of ARHT Media’s (ART) strategic partners has ordered six HoloPresence Display systems, for deployment in Chinese universities
- The order came from an educational smartboards supplier, and one of China’s leading telecommunication companies
- Using ARHT Media’s technology, the universities will be able to beam in guest lecturers and instructors from great distances
- The company’s HoloPresence Display systems will be deployed at universities throughout China sometime in 2020’s fourth quarter
- ARHT Media is up 9.8 per cent and is currently trading for C$0.28 per share
One of ARHT Media’s (ART) strategic partners has ordered six HoloPresence Display systems, for deployment in Chinese universities.
The partner in question is a supplier of educational smartboards, as well as one of China’s leading telecommunication companies.
Using ARHT Media’s products and increased data transmission speeds of 5G technology, the Chinese universities will enjoy new capabilities. These will include the ability to beam guest lecturers and instructors into their campuses, from hundreds or even thousands of kilometres away.
The company’s HoloPresence systems, combined with 5G technology, will also allow students in Chinese universities to share subject matter expertise.
There have already been a number of 5G showcase events in China, which featured ARHT Media’s live two-way HoloPresence system. These showcases have been very popular, and have demonstrated the potential benefits of increased data transmission speeds in the educational sector.
The events have been successful enough to lead to permanent installations at universities, which occurred earlier this year.
ARHT Media’s CEO, Larry O’Reilly, said the company is seeing a return to in-person meetings and events in China, due to relatively low COVID-19 case numbers.
“There is a growing demand to utilise our HoloPresence solutions combined with 5G infrastructure to showcase expertise from other parts of the country without the need to travel,” he said.
“We successfully delivered 5G events with China Unicorn in the past year, and we expect that the number of permanent locations will increase rapidly with this newly formed strategic partnership,” he added.
The company expects to deploy its HoloPresence Display systems at universities throughout China sometime in 2020’s fourth quarter.
ARHT Media is up 9.8 per cent and trading for C$0.28 per share, as of 11:50am EST.