- Appreciated Media (TSXV:AMH) has partnered with immersive technology platform, VirBELA, to build a customisable virtual film studio
- The desired end result is a platform that will deliver content without the need for travel or physical contact
- The collaboration will also provide production and office spaces for over 50 independent film and TV companies
- The partnership aims to assist the struggling film industry, which is facing a C$5 billion loss due to COVID-19
- Appreciated Media (AMH) is up 18.18 per cent and is currently trading at $0.13 per share
Appreciated Media (TSXV:AMH) has partnered with immersive technology platform, VirBELA, to build a customisable virtual film studio.
The result, Pinnacle Virtual Film Studios, will be a platform that could revolutionise how film and television content is produced.
As society adjusts to a world shaped by COVID-19, the companies hope to provide ways to deliver content without physical contact.
In addition to a virtual experience, Appreciated Media and VirBELA’s collaboration will also provide production and office spaces.
These will accommodate over 50 independent film and TV companies waiting to present and screen their projects.
The virtual film studio space will also provide room for members to learn and collaborate together.
Appreciated Media’s CEO, Stephen Brown, expressed the company’s excitement at developing the first virtual film studio.
“VirBELA’s platform and their robust features are perfect for Pinnacle, a division of Appreciated Media, to integrate the virtual film studio that we have been developing.
“There are many potential points of revenue within the virtual studio. Now with this partnership, we hope that it will be up and running within the next 60 days,” he said.
This partnership comes to help the global film industry, which could face a C$5 billion loss because of COVID-19.
VirBELA’s founder and President, Alex Howland, also commented on the collaboration.
“We are thrilled to be able to offer Appreciated Media a safe platform and community to continue their business.
“VirBELA allows businesses like Appreciated Media to continue to serve their community of producers, directors, writers and actors to learn, grow and collaborate in a safer environment, while helping to minimize person-to-person contact,” he said.
Appreciated Media is up 18.18 per cent and is trading at $0.13 per share, as of 11:55am EDT.