- Aphria (TSX:APHA) subsidiary, ASG Pharma, has received EU GMP certification for cannabis production from the Malta Medicines Authority
- The certification ensures a certain level of quality and regulation compliance in ASG’s cannabis production facility
- ASG produces cannabis for medicinal purposes, as well as for testing, research and development
- In other news, Aphria has announced the liquidation of its C$39 million promissory note from GA Opportunities, for approximately $26 million
- Aphria is up 2.56 per cent, and is currently trading for $5.21 per share
Aphria (TSX:APHA) subsidiary, ASG Pharma, has received EU GMP certification for cannabis production from the Malta Medicines Authority.
European Union Good Manufacturing Practice (EU GMP), ensures that a medical manufacturer’s production process complies with regulation standards. In this case, the certification applies to the facilities and processes for ASG’s production of medicinal cannabis.
The subsidiary produces cannabis for medicinal purposes, as well as for testing, research and development. ASG received its first medical cannabis import license for analytical testing and research in 2018. Subsequently, the company upgraded its lab facility.
Now, ASG can ship finished dried cannabis flower and finished oil for medicinal and research use in permitted EU jurisdictions.
The high capacity of its EU GMP-certified lab will also provide extra space for other related activities. These include importing, processing, packaging and distributing the company’s cannabis products throughout Europe.
Aphria’s Chief Executive Officer, Irwin D Simon, welcomed the subsidiary’s certification.
“We are pleased to receive EU GMP certification for ASG in Malta. This is our third facility to achieve this milestone, which really speaks to the company’s commitment to quality.
“We remain excited about growth opportunities as this increases our ability to serve, and further strengthens Aphria’s leadership in the European Union,” he said.
In other news, Aphria has announced the liquidation of its C$39 million promissory note from investment company, GA Opportunities Corp. The liquidation resulted in proceeds of approximately $26 million.
Aphria is up 2.56 per cent, and is trading for $5.21 per share as of 11:15am EDT.