- Antler Gold (TSXV:ANTL) has identified six new exploration targets on its Western Erongo gold project in Namibia
- Of the six targets, the company has identified the two main mineral zones, the Sandamap and the Hakskeen
- The Sandamap zone is 3.5 kilometres long, which has an historic drilling result of 11.2 grams per tonne gold
- The Hakskeen zone has also had some historic drilling conducted on it, the best result being 4.05 grams per tonne gold
- Antler Gold (ANTL) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.30 per share
Antler Gold (TSXV:ANTL) has identified six new exploration targets at its Western Erongo gold project in Namibia.
The six targets the company has identified on the property include the Sandamap and the Hakskeen targets.
These two were singled out by antler for a 662 line-kilometre airborne magnetic survey, to build out the magnetic map of the site.
Sandamap is a 3.5-kilometre-long zone of mineralization that has had a significant amount of that historical work conducted on it. The historical drilling on Sandamap returned a highlight result of 11.2 grams per tonne gold, from an old program completed in 1993.
Hakskeen is a 1.5-kilometre-long zone, which is open on strike length. Previous exploration drilled 16 historic holes to a depth of 30 metres. The best amongst the results was 4.05 grams per tonne of gold.
The Western project has had a number of owners over the years, many of which have conducted drilling and exploration programs on the property.
However, Antler says the project has until now been inadequately explored and the company intends to make the property its immediate exploration focus.
The majority of the historic exploration on Western has been shallow near surface work and has ignored the better mineralised pockets deeper in the earth.
Dan Whittaker, President and CEO of Antler, said he was pleased with the six new targets and that the company plans to test these new targets at depth.
“We are also awaiting results from our verification sampling and geophysical program to more precisely define these targets which we expect to drill in late summer to early fall of 2020,” he said.
Antler Gold (ANTL) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.30 per share at 12:16pm EDT.