- One of the highest resolution volumetric video capture stages in the world, is now open for business.
- The stage features over one hundred 12-megapixel machine-vision cameras to capture dynamic, ultra-high fidelity human performances
- The three-dimensional holograms that are created can be placed into fully digital and blended reality locations, narratives, games, and experiences
- AMPD Ventures Inc. a next-generation digital infrastructure provider, is pleased to announce that its subsidiary Departure Lounge’s Metastage Volumetric Capture Stage
- AMPD Ventures Inc. (AMPD) is up 3.13 per cent to C$0.16 per share at 11:53 am EDT
AMPD Ventures (AMPD) has received its certification to operate from Microsoft Mixed Reality Capture Studios.
One of the world’s highest resolution volumetric video capture stages – the 40-foot-in-diameter Metastage – is now open for business.
The stage features 106 12-megapixel machine-vision cameras to capture dynamic, ultra-high fidelity human performances using Microsoft’s capture technology and Azure rendering pipeline.
The three-dimensional holograms created can be placed into fully digital and blended reality locations, narratives, games, and experiences.
Adam Rogers, VP Creative and Head of Studio at Departure Lounge, commented,
“The Departure Lounge and Metastage teams have been working exceptionally hard over the last year to build and test the stage here in Vancouver. Receiving the certification is the final step in our buildout phase, and means we are now open for business as the official and exclusive provider of Microsoft’s world-leading volumetric capture technology in Western Canada.”
The Metastage Vancouver holographic capture stage is the nucleus of a synergistic set of technologies housed under one roof at the Departure Lounge studio.
Departure Lounge says it is developing groundbreaking pipelines and workflows in virtual and immersive production to help facilitate the next generation of immersive content.
The studio has already garnered significant interest from digital content creators in the area, with a steady stream of companies visiting the studio for preview tours and demonstrations.
Departure Lounge’s CEO, James Hursthouse, added,
“I am exceptionally pleased that we are now Microsoft certified. The SIGGRAPH 2022 Conference and Exhibition on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques will attract thousands of digital content creation professionals to Vancouver during the second week of August, and we’re excited to be able to welcome local and international visitors to our studio to witness the magic of holographic capture first-hand. We will be running open house tours throughout the week.”
AMPD Ventures Inc. (AMPD) is up 3.13 per cent to C$0.16 per share at 11:53 am EDT.