- Amaroq Minerals (AMRQ) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ABD Solutions
- Under the MoU, Amaroq and ABD Solutions will investigate the introduction of driverless mining vehicles at the Nalunaq site in Greenland
- The MoU sets out the principal terms and conditions under which, Amaroq Minerals is willing to enter detailed discussions regarding this process
- ABDS’ mission is to provide retrofit solutions that enable the automation of conventional vehicle fleets
- Amaroq Minerals Ltd is an exploration company with a focus on locating high-grade gold deposits in Greenland
- Amaroq Minerals Ltd. (AMRQ) opened trading at C$0.61
Amaroq Minerals (AMRQ) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with ABD Solutions, a business within AB Dynamics PLC.
Under the MoU, Amaroq and ABD Solutions will investigate introducing driverless mining vehicles at the Nalunaq site in Greenland.
- ABD Solutions (ABDS) offers specialized driverless automation solutions capable of working across a wide range of off-highway environments.
- Amaroq Minerals is currently planning a pilot mining and processing operation at its Nalunaq Project in Greenland to provide input to a feasibility study and detailed engineering, which would provide the design basis for a full-scale mine.
- Amaroq intends to work closely with ABDS to adapt its driverless automated vehicle management solutions to the specific environmental and vehicular requirements of the Nalunaq site.
- The MoU sets out the principal terms and conditions under which Amaroq Minerals is willing to enter detailed discussions regarding this process.
- The long-term goal of the MoU is to provide a framework for ABDS to deliver the support, software and hardware solutions needed for Amaroq to operate a range of automation equipment and retrofittable mining vehicles on the Nalunaq site in Greenland. These vehicles would be operated automatically and supervised from a central control room, improving safety and streamlining the mining process, both operationally and financially.
ABDS’ mission is to provide retrofit solutions that enable the automation of conventional vehicle fleets.
Eldur Olafsson, CEO of AEX Gold, commented on the partnership.
“We are delighted to announce our planned partnership with ABD Solutions a well-regarded automation company with substantial experience working with organizations to accelerate the transition to autonomy. We are focused on ensuring that we seek out and deploy innovative technology across Nalunaq, and going forward the rest of the assets within our extensive licence area, as we believe that this will allow us to introduce new skill sets to the workforce in Greenland and to operate safely, efficiently and sustainably. The team look forward to working closely with ABDS and utilize their considerable knowledge throughout the Nalunaq development process.”
Amaroq Minerals Ltd is an exploration company focusing on locating high-grade gold deposits in Greenland. The company owns seven licences in South Greenland covering an area of 4,090 km, which are highly prospective for gold and other strategic minerals.
Amaroq Minerals Ltd. (AMRQ) opened trading at C$0.61.