- Altamira (TSXV:ALTA) has appointed Edgar Barrios to manage the construction of a mine and processing plant at the Cajueiro Project in Brazil
- Edgar has over 30 years of experience, and has worked as General Operations Manager at the La Lupa gold mine in Bolivia
- Edgar will manage construction of the site’s 1,000 tonne-a-day processing plant, with construction scheduled to begin in the second half of the year
- Alongside the appointment, the company has sent metallurgical samples to evaluate if gold can be recovered from the samples without the use of cyanide
- Altamira (ALTA) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.095 per share
Altamira (TSXV:ALTA) has appointed Edgar Barrios to manage the construction of a mine and processing plant at the Cajueiro Project in Brazil.
The company has hired Edgar Barrios, the former general manager of the La Lupa gold mine, to direct the construction and operations of the company’s Brazilian mine.
Edgar brings three decades of experience to the table, including working in senior roles in big companies, but notably beginning his career as a metallurgist.
The company is building a 1,000 tonne-a-day processing plant at Cajueiro, with construction scheduled to begin in the second half of the year.
Altamira is also still collecting metallurgical samples for bulk oxide ores for evaluation.
Altamira is sending these to the CSIRO labs in Australia, to determine whether find gold in the ore is recoverable using thiosulphate solution.
The company is hoping to recover the fine gold without using cyanidation, a process in which cyanide is added to extract gold.
Michael Bennett, President and CEO of Altamira, said he is very excited to have Edgar join the company’s team.
“Edgar brings a wealth of knowledge and extensive experience on small- and large-scale gold operations in South America.
“Not only has he held senior operating roles at larger companies, he is a metallurgist by training and has hands on experience in designing and installing carbon-in-leach circuits and operating plants.
“His technical expertise will be invaluable as we advance our Cajueiro gold project into production,” he said.
Altamira (ALTA) is in the grey and is trading at C$0.095 per share at 11:10 am EDT.