- Cannabis company, Aleafia Health (TSX:ALEF) has launched AssureHome Delivery, a next-day distribution service for medical cannabis products
- Yesterday the company completed its first round of deliveries in Toronto, where the service is immediately available
- Within the next 30 days, Aleafia will roll out AssureHome Delivery to the Greater Toronto Area and surrounding regions
- The company plans to offer same-day deliveries starting in June, and will expand to other metropolitan areas
- Aleafia’s share price was trading for C$0.38 per share at yesterday’s market close with a market cap of $105 million
Cannabis company, Aleafia Health (TSX:ALEF) has launched AssureHome Delivery, a next-day distribution service for medical cannabis products.
The company completed its first round of complementary deliveries in Toronto on April 21. AssureHome Delivery’s next-day distribution is immediately available to patients in Toronto. Within the next 30 days, Aleafia will roll out the service to the Greater Toronto Area, and communities in surrounding regions.
Patients who make an order will receive a shipment tracking number. Fifteen minutes before the driver’s arrival, they will also receive a phone call to alert them.
Aleafia has claimed that its service offers significantly faster delivery times than other third-party parcel services. In fact, all orders made before 9:00pm will be delivered between 6:00pm and 10:00pm on the following business day.
Aleafia’s home delivery is benefiting from the supply chain logistics experience of its executive members. This will be especially necessary as COVID-19 continues to disrupt global supply chains.
The company’s CEO, Geoffrey Benic, commented on the delivery service launch.
“Aleafia Health’s introduction of contactless, next-day medical cannabis delivery is based on our commitment to ensuring our patients receive their medicine in a safe, secure, and convenient direct-to-door delivery.
“With COVID-19 negatively affecting third-party delivery service times, we are demonstrating that our commitment to patients does not end until medicine is safely in their hands,” he said.
Aleafia is working to expand the service to other major metropolitan areas, including Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver. The company hopes to achieve same-service delivery, starting in June. Eventually, AssureHome Delivery will also offer weekend distribution.
Aleafia’s share price was trading for $0.38 per share at yesterday’s market close.