- AirBoss of America (TSX:BOS) has received a C$137 million order from the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- The order is for 100,000 FlexAir Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) systems and 600,000 filters
- The system offers protection by filtering contaminated air via a waist-mounted blower
- The companies expects to begin deliveries in the second quarter of this year
- AirBoss of America (BOS) is up 38.79 per cent to $7.80 per share, with a market cap of $182.46 million
AirBoss of America (TSX:BOS) has received a C$137 million order from the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
The company operates a portfolio of complementary businesses and produces proprietary rubber-based products for a variety of industries.
Its subsidiary, AirBoss Defense Group (ADG) has received an order for 100,000 FlexAir Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) systems. The purchase also includes 600,000 filters, as well as various related accessories.
The PAPR System protects its wearer by purifying contaminated air via a waist-mounted blower. The air then travels through a breathing hose to the user’s head cover.
The deal is the largest in ADG’s history, and comes as the US steps up to battle the COVID-19 outbreak.
The United States currently has more than 176,000 confirmed cases of the virus and 3,431 reported deaths. New York alone is home to more than 75,000 of these cases, with 1,550 confirmed fatalities.
AirBoss President and COO, Chris Bitsakakis, said that COVID-19 has been a direct force behind increased interest in the company’s protective products.
“ADG formed to establish a vertically-integrated survivability solutions platform with the scale, capabilities, and expertise to address challenging situations just like this one.
“Our suite of critical survivability solutions is helping to save lives by supporting patients, first responders, medical professionals, and the general public in the intensifying fight against this pandemic,” he added.
Initial product deliveries should commence in 2020’s second quarter. The majority of the order is due to be shipped within the first 13 weeks.
AirBoss of America (BOS) is currently up 38.79 per cent to $7.80 per share at 1:52pm EST.