- Air Canada (TSX:AC) and flydubai have signed a new partnership enhancing customer flight options
- Customers flying between Canada, the Middle East, East Africa, the Indian subcontinent and Southern Asia can now enjoy streamlined travel through a code share and interline arrangement
- The partnership covers over 60 destinations, 30 of which are unique to flydubai
- Air Canada is Canada’s largest airline providing direct service to more than 180 airports worldwide
- Air Canada (AC) is up by 2.27 per cent trading at $22.09 per share
Air Canada (TSX:AC) and flydubai have signed a new partnership enhancing customer flight options.
Pending regulatory approval, customers flying between Canada, the Middle East, East Africa, the Indian subcontinent and Southern Asia will enjoy greater convenience through a code share and interline arrangement.
Air Canada’s marketing code will be placed on nine routes operated from Dubai by flydubai, allowing customers to visit these markets with the issuance of a single ticket. The routes include Medina, Dammam, Bahrain, Jeddah, and Muscat, as well as flights to Colombo and Karachi in India.
Customers will also be able to connect in Dubai to more than 60 destinations that flydubai flies to in the Middle East, East Africa and Southern Asia, including Kathmandu, Djibouti and the Maldives. More than 30 of these destinations are unique to flydubai and not flown by other Air Canada partners.
The airlines are working toward introducing expanded features and benefits for each other’s loyalty programs to be announced later this year.
The partnership complements Air Canada’s non-stop service to Dubai from Toronto and Vancouver.
Based in Dubai, flydubai operates a network of more than 110 destinations in over 50 countries across the Gulf Cooperation Council and Middle East, Africa, Asia, the Caucasus, Central and South-East Europe, and the Indian subcontinent.
Air Canada is Canada’s largest airline providing direct service to more than 180 airports in Canada, the United States and internationally on six continents.
Air Canada (AC) is up by 2.27 per cent trading at $22.09 per share as of 9:43 am EST.
The material provided in this article is for information only and should not be treated as investment advice. For full disclaimer information, please click here.