- AgraFlora (CSE:AGRA) subsidiary, The Edibles and Infusions Corporation (EIC) has applied to Health Canada for a Standard Processing License
- The license would apply to EIC’s 51,500 square foot edibles manufacturing facility in Winnipeg, Manitoba
- EIC has submitted a comprehensive Site Evidence Package, as part of its application to Health Canada
- The subsidiary is confident that it will reach its first packaged sales in 2020’s fourth quarter
- AgraFlora (AGRA) is up 8.33 per cent and is currently trading at 6.5 cents per share
AgraFlora (CSE:AGRA) subsidiary, The Edibles and Infusions Corporation (EIC) has applied to Health Canada for a Standard Processing License.
The application included a comprehensive Site Evidence Package, for EIC’s edibles manufacturing facility in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The 51,500 square foot facility is fully automated, production-ready, and was recently completed. When operational, the company expects to produce over 25,000 edible pieces every eight-hour shift.
EIC can use the facility to supply precise dosing for its edibles, and custom candies that meet customer specifications. The company already has a Research and Development License from Health Canada but cannot progress without the Processing License.
EIC’s founder and Operational Manager, James Fletcher, commented on the application.
“License permitting, we are confident in our timelines to be able to reach first packaged sales in the fourth qaurter of this year.
“We have designed our facility to be technologically advanced and highly efficient, which will position us to be able to handle high-volume output while maintaining industry-leading quality and cost structure,” he said.
AgraFlora’s CEO, Brandon Boddy, also commented on its subsidiary’s application.
“Once our license is received, our ability to immediately produce multiple and precisely dosed product lines from our superior production infrastructure allows EIC to offer a higher quality and lower cost product to industry,” he said.
AgraFlora (AGRA) is up 8.33 per cent and trading at 6.5 cents per share at 3:01pm EDT.