- 48North Cannabis (TSXV:NRTH) has shipped the first order of its cannabis topical brand to the Ontario Cannabis Store
- Apothecanna will be the first legal topical brand to go on sale in Ontario
- The cannabis brand has previously developed products including pain relief creams, a skincare line, intimacy oil, and other cannabis-based topicals
- 48North will start by launching Apothecanna’s Extra Strength topical cream
- 48North’s share price is down 3.92 per cent, and is currently trading at C$0.24 per share
Cannabis company 48North (TSXV:NRTH) has shipped the first order of its topical brand, Apothecanna, to the Ontario Cannabis Store.
48North’s Apothecanna is an established cannabis brand which focuses on producing organic topical products. It will be the first legal topical brand to sell in Ontario.
Its current health and wellness suite includes pain relief creams, a skincare line, intimacy oil, and other therapeutic cannabis-based topicals. All are made without the use of artificial ingredients, fillers, parabens, or GMO ingredients.
The first product that 48North will launch in Ontario is Apothecanna’s Extra Strength cream.
The cream’s quick absorption formula allows it to quickly ease sore and overworked body areas. Made from 48North cannabis, the non-psychoactive cream uses THC and CBD, blended with natural ingredients like arnica, peppermint, and juniper.
48North’s Chief Marketing Officer, Kirsten Gauthier, commented on the exciting launch into Ontario.
“Since the beginning, 48North has been committed to selling next-generation cannabis products to Canadian consumers. The company has built landmark partnerships with companies like Apothecanna and Avitas to bring some of the highest-quality products to consumers.
“In being first to market in this product class, 48North has the opportunity to build brand awareness and loyalty with existing and potential consumers. I am very excited to share this product with Ontarians. They are going to love it,” she said.
According to Deloitte, the cannabis topical market is likely to account for C$174 million in Canadian sales this year.
48North (NRTH) is down 3.92 per cent, and is currently trading at $0.24 per share as of 11:25am EST.