- 48North Cannabis (TSXV:NRTH) has shipped the first order of its dried flower brand, Fleur du Jour, to Quebec’s cannabis corporation
- The Société Québécoise du cannabis (SQDC) will sell Fleur du Jour, both in retail stores and online
- 48North’s dried flower product is competitively priced, thanks to the company’s low-cost production advantage
- Looking to the future, the company is expecting to launch a number of additional products this quality
- 48North’s share price is up 7.14 per cent, and is currently trading for 15 cents per share
48North Cannabis (TSXV:NRTH) has shipped the first order of its dried flower brand, Fleur du Jour, to Quebec’s cannabis corporation.
The Société Québécoise du cannabis (SQDC) is a government-owned subsidiary. Since 2018, the SQDC has had a legislated monopoly on the sale of recreational cannabis in Quebec.
The SQDC will sell the first shipment of Fleur du Jour (and subsequent shipments) at its retail locations and online. 48North expects that this brand will be one of the most accessible products available in Quebec, without reducing quality.
Thanks to the company’s low-cost production advantage, 48North has been able to produce Fleur du Jour cheaply. As such, the dried flower brand is both accessible and affordable for cannabis customers.
48North’s CEO, Charles Vennat, commented on the dried flower brand’s affordability.
“As we continue to listen to consumer feedback, we know that price point is a critical driver of purchasing decisions. We are confident this will match demand for more affordable products.
“With that in mind, the launch of Fleur du Jour is a critical step in our renewed commitment to improving operations, investing in product development, and supporting high-quality experiences for Canadian consumers,” he said.
Looking to the future, 48North is expecting to launch a number of additional branded products this quarter. In Alberta, the company will launch an Apothecanna Extra Strength Body Cream and an Avitas single strain vaporiser cartridge. In Ontario, the company’s Trail Mix brand will release its Pax Pod product and all-in-one accessible vaporiser pen.
48North will also launch its own indoor premium dried flower in both Alberta and Ontario.
48North’s share price is up 7.14 per cent, and trading for 15 cents per share, as of 11:39am EST.